Policies & Procedures
Child Protection and Safeguarding Children
Designated Safeguarding Officer: Alex Carter
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer: Angela Clark
Oakfield House School has Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures, policy documents and a training programme that incorporates Government and Policy Legislation. Staff are given a copy of the Child Protection Procedures. Staff receive annual training from an outside consultant. Parents/carers, social workers, placing authorities and other significant people are offered a copy of the Child Protection policy.
Oakfield House provides policy guidance, which sets out clear guidelines and expectations in the school with regards to appropriate relationships between all staff and the children. At Oakfield House we provide a very caring and professional setting in which the children will be given full emotional support without it being detrimental to their safety and well-being. All staff are aware of their responsibilities for Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
Oakfield House has a duty of care and therefore a responsibility to pass on any child protection and safeguarding concerns to the relevant children’s social care services.
We take all complaints seriously. We have a full complaints policy and procedure which is available from the school office or for download below. Initial complaints should be made to the Interim Headteacher, Angela Clark via telephone on 01772 672 630 or via email to email@example.com. If the complaint is concerning the Headteacher please contact James Joyce, Assistant Director – Education on 01204 522667. An appeals process is included in this policy.
There was no complaints in the academic year 2017/18.
To view a policy, please click on the links below:
- Promoting Good Behaviour Discipline OHS _21.02.17 (reviewed Jan 18)
- OHS Assessment recording and Reporting Policy_2017-18
- OHS Safeguarding Policy Sept 2017
- OHS Anti-Bullying Policy Sep 2017
- Oakfield House SMSC – 2017-2018
- Oakfield House School Race Equality Policy (reviewed Jan18)
- Oakfield House School First Aid policy (reviewed Jan 18)
- Oakfield House School Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work Policy ACE HR 04 V4 (reviewed Jan 18)
- Oakfield House School Admissions – 2015-16 (updated Jan 18)
- Oakfield House – Teaching and Learning Policy 2017
- Oakfield House – SEN policy 2017
- Oakfield House – Curriculum Policy 2017
- EAL Policy
- Pupil Premium Statement (2)
- ACE Safer Recruitment Policy 2017
- Oakfield House – Complaints Policy
Full details of the following policies are available on request by contacting the school office:
- Equal Opportunities
- Health and Safety
- School Visits
- A staff list and their qualifications